Friday, April 25, 2014

Salsa Verde Burgers

In our house, Aaron is the king of burgers. He makes such amazing hamburgers. He makes all kinds, and they are all delicious. So you can imagine the anxiety I felt when I had planned on burgers for dinner one night, and then he didn't have enough time to grill them for me. I pulled up a recipe that I'd pinned on Pinterest from SkinnyTaste, and decided to make burgers myself. I was terrified.

I was completely shocked and flattered, however, when Aaron raved and asked if I would make more, and said it was one of his favorite burgers he'd ever had. What?! This man takes his burgers very seriously, so it was a huge honor coming from his mouth.

And now, for the recipe!

Salsa Verde Burgers 
Skinnytaste.com

Ingredients:
  • cooking spray
  • pinch kosher salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 (93% lean) beef patties, 4.75 oz each
  • 1/2 cup salsa verde, homemade or store bought
  • 4 slices Sargento reduced fat pepper jack cheese
  • 4 (100 calorie) whole wheat potato buns
  • 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage (or lettuce)
  • 4 ounces sliced avocado (from 1 medium haas)

Directions: 

Heat a skillet or grill over high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add the patties. Season with salt and pepper and cook a few minutes on each side, to your desired liking. Add the cheese and cover; cook to melt, about 30 seconds.

Servings: 4 • Size: 1 burger with the works • Old Points: 8 • Weight Watcher Points+: 10 pt
Calories: 407 • Fat: 17.5 g • Carb: 25 g • Fiber: 8 g • Protein: 42 g • Sugar: 7 g
Sodium: 445 mg  • Cholest: 87 mg 

No comments:

Post a Comment