Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Jalepenos

We've got tons of jalepenos growing in our garden at the moment. Every few days I'm picking handfuls of them. (And that's just off of one plant!) I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them until the other day, and then I realized, of course! I mean is there really anything else to do with a jalepeno besides stuff it with cream cheese and wrap it in bacon?

INGREDIENTS

  • Jalepenos
  • Cream cheese (I use the reduced fat whipped)
  • Green onions, chopped small
  • Bacon, strips cut in half
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Halve jalepenos and discard the seeds. (Also, do not touch your eyes, nose, face, or any other important part of your body until you have thoroughly washed your hands. A word to the wise.)
  3. In small bowl, combine cream cheese with green onions to suit your taste.
  4. Spoon cream cheese mixture into the jalepeno halves.
  5. Cut bacon strips in half and use one strip to wrap each jalepeno.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (I can't remember how long I cooked them. Will try to update next time I make these and am paying attention more closely.)
  7. Go sit in a corner and eat the whole tray before anyone else finds out what you've done!

No comments:

Post a Comment